The Cleaning Authority CARES
Did you know over 52 million people across the U.S. and Canada live in food-insecure
Did you know that more than 16 million of the people without that food security are under the age of 18?
Throughout the year, we will focus our efforts on specific campaigns that address the unique and seasonal needs of our local communities. Not only can you help make a difference by supplying our local food banks, but you can also help raise awareness about the ever-present issue of food-insecurity.
Ready to Get Involved?
We need your help to put a stop to household hunger in our country! Getting involved and making an impact is simple:
- Get a Bag – One of our house cleaners will leave a paper bag in your home after a visit that includes information about the seasonal campaign we are running.
- Fill it Up – We ask that you fill up the paper bag with all the foods you would like to donate between our visits.
- Cleaner Pick-Up and Transport – Once you’ve filled the bag and have another visit coming up, be sure to leave it out in the open with your donation inside for our house cleaners to collect and take back to the office.
- Food Bank Delivery – Local franchise owners will deliver all the food items you have helped donate to the food bank of their choice in the area.
Food Items We Are Collecting Now
With summer coming up, we would like to address the hungriest time of the year for young children. When school gets out, children are no longer provided breakfast and lunch through food programs. That is why our summer 2017 campaign is focused on collecting kid-friendly foods that involve minimal to no prep time.
We ask that you donate the following food items in your The Cleaning Authority CARES bag:
- Pop-top Tuna
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit, Fruit Cups, or Dried Fruit
- Low-Sugar Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Sliced Bread, Tortillas, or Crackers
- Baby Formula & Food
- Snack Items: Applesauce, Granola Bars, Chocolate, etc.
- Juice Boxes
In addition to these kid-friendly items, we will also gladly collect any other non-perishable food items you would like to donate. Interested in learning more about getting involved? Please reach out to The Cleaning Authority office in your local area!